Just when you thought you were done with your hormonal pimple-popping phase, suddenly acne has to reappear and ruin your life. Lol okay I might be exaggerating a little…but you get the point. Recently I’ve been having breakouts, which is kind of a hassle given the work that I do. I thought it was a side effect from the protein shake I’ve been drinking so I made a trip to the derma just to be sure. Turns out, there were a lot of causes for my breakouts! My doctor mentioned a lot of causes so I’m sharing them to you! I narrowed it down to five, these are probably the same major causes most of us have given our busy lifestyle.
- SLEEPING LATE. We love to sleep late. And when we finally hit the bedsheets, we just lay down and check on our phone for hours! Haha! Sleeping late affects your hormones. You would produce more stress hormones which are linked to acne.
- YOUR SWEAT. The most dreaded enemy of a healthy, glowing and flawless face and skin is heat. Heat and humidity increase sweating which aid in keeping the body cool and balanced while helping it to cope with the soaring mercury levels. Summer acne is a typical form of acne outbreak faced by most during the summer months due to the scorching heat and humid climatic conditions.
- HAIR PRODUCTS. Whatever you put in your hair will migrate onto your skin, because you perspire as you rush through the day. Breakouts caused by hair styling products are so common. Bangs make acne worse too by bringing skin-clogging hair products against your forehead.
- YOUR CHOCOLATE ADDICTION. Too much insulin in your bloodstream can trigger changes in your body that can lead to the growth of pore-clogging cells. It can also boost action in your oil glands.
- TRAVELLING. Ever wonder why you come home from a vacation and your skin looks like the surface of the moon? The change in humidity, weather or even the water used for washing your hair and face can all trigger acne.
Can you relate? Well, to be able to avoid these horrid breakouts, you have to get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, try to eat healthy (I know I can’t do this but I’m just saying lol) and try avoiding those beauty soaps that may be harsh and might irritate your skin. Stick to a facial cleanser that’s gentle on the skin and works and will provide long-lasting protection from germs. I’ve been using Safeguard Derma Sense for quite a while now and so far it has been working wonders for me. Sometimes when I wash my face thrice or four times a day because I get oily skin easily and before I head to an event, I wash my face. Sometimes it gets really dry and loses its moisture when you over-wash it, so I now use Derma Sense because it’s not harsh on the skin, plus it has an antibacterial ingredient that targets the germs that causes acne. Safeguard Derma Sense is available in two variants: for acne-prone skin and for sensitive skin, both available in cleanser, body wash and bar soap forms.